Making A Claim
If you need to make a car excess insurance claim, you can download and complete a Claim Document Form.
Where possible, please ensure that you send all Original Documentation in support of your claim with your claim form.
Documentation supporting a claim can include but is not limited to:
- 1. Policy schedule
- 2. Rental contract
- 3. Charge receipt for rental (if separate from the rental agreement)
- 4. A copy of the police report (if required by law in the country of hire)
- 5. Accident damage report
- 6. Invoices, receipts or other documents which confirm the amount paid to the rental company in respect of accident, damage, loss, towing charges or misfuelling.
- 7. A copy of the driving licence of the person involved in the accident (the driver)
- 8. A copy of the credit or debit card statement showing the payment to the rental company for which you are looking to claim
Please send claims forms to:
Direct Car Excess Claims,
The AIG Building
2-8 Altyre Road
Alternatively, you can email your policy information together with details of your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Direct Car Excess Insurance Claims on 0345 850 9092 to request a claim form. Direct Car Excess Insurance Claims is open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
It's important that you notify us as soon as possible, and no later than 31 days following the incident, event, redundancy or discovery of any loss or damage giving rise to the claim under your Direct Car Excess Insurance policy.
Before you make your claim, please check the relevant sections in your Direct Car Excess insurance Policy Wording to ensure you meet the claims conditions and collate all the necessary information and/or documents.
To view our Policy Wording your computer requires Adobe Acrobat. If your computer does not have Adobe Acrobat installed you can download it here.
- Terri Burns
- Georgia Foster
- Louie Wilkinson
- Charles Little
- Jodie Coleman